Riley is hilarious. The things she says! Sometimes she kills me. One of her favorite things to say is "Hey, kid!" If you've seen the movie A Christmas Story you may recognize the line from when Randy gets knocked into the snow on his way to school. She yells it to everybody. Even random passerby on the street.
She also says "okay, okay, OKAY" all the time. Like I say something like "Can you pick up this book?" and she'll act like I've been nagging her to do it all day when it's the first time I've mentioned it. She's got quite the attitude. Along with that we'll ask her to whisper during church or eat her dinner and she turns to us and says "I'm just playing" like we didn't already know.
Her favorite toy right now is her own two hands. I swear we could get rid of every toy she has and she probably wouldn't notice (that's a complete lie. She'd be super angry. But it may take her a while to notice things are gone... as long as we got rid of them while she was asleep. If we did it while she was awake she'd be all up in our business). One day she handed me a little person and said "play with her". Okay. So she uses her hand and makes a little cupping motion and rests her fingers on the couch and says "Do you want to sit?" So I say "yes, I'd love too" and I sit my little person in her hand, because obviously she's a chair right? And she moves her hand and says "not ON me" because apparently her hand was another person.
Richard was grilling something a few weeks ago and the grill is out on our little balcony. He goes out there to check on whatever was cooking and Riley closes the sliding door behind him and says "See you tomorrow!" and locked him out. I swear she gets funnier all the time.
She also has a very sharp memory. My parents came to visit and we went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. They have a playground and Riley hit her head on a bar above one of the slides. She still talks about it. Randomly she'll say something like "I hit my head" and I'll ask her about it and she'll tell me grandma was there and it was the dinosaur park. She remembers everything. You better not mess up around her. She'll never forget.
Speaking of Dinosaur Park, we went early April and the only way we could get her into the car is by promising she could watch the "scary dinosaur movie" when we got home. So we went home and watched Jurassic Park. She loved it. We're totally irresponsible parents. But my 3 year old loved watching the scary dinosaurs. She still sometimes asks to watch it again. We also took her to the Planetarium on Memorial Day. Now she constantly asks to watch the "rocket ships on the puter". I'm not sure how she knows about rocket ships, since the show we saw in the dome was about stars and there were no rocket ships. And I don't think we watch or own many space movies. But now I'll have to get my hand on Star Wars or something. There's only so many times I can watch a rocket blast off. Richard also got her hooked on cat videos. Totally random but she loves the cats too. My 3 year old is very worldly.
Her favorite food right now is macaroni and cheese. She asks for it everyday. Literally. I was lucky she ate some hot dog for lunch yesterday instead. She has macaroni and cheese like 5 days a week. I try so hard for variety. But I guess she's getting some protein. She's also eating more meat than usual. I made pork chops and she actually ate some small baby bites. She loves cucumbers, broccoli and cooked carrots for vegetables. In fact the other day we were talking about what she wanted for dinner and she looked at me very seriously and told me "I don't like potatoes. I like broccoli." So, ok. I love potatoes. Sorry kid. You make potatoes once that week! She even ate them. But apparently it's not good enough. One thing she will not eat is pizza. She'll tell you she loves pizza but she won't touch it. I think she knows that if we get pizza we usually get root beer too. And she'll do about anything for root beer. So, yeah, she "loves" pizza.
She still loves church and asks to go all the time. Richard went in for Mother's day and the next week she told me daddy was coming to her class again. I think she was a little sad that it was me going to her class again. But she's made a cute little friend named Bentley in there. Bentley is adorable. She's one of the smallest girls in there and Riley's a giant but they'll do almost everything together. They even use their first names (which is huge for Riley. She doesn't normally bother with names, just calls everyone "friend". So she must really enjoy Bentley's company). Bentley sometimes doesn't want to come in and has tears but if Riley is there she'll usually just walk right in. Riley's favorite parts of nursery are cleaning up the toys, singing and snacks. Puzzles too. But you should see this girl clean up the nursery. Not sure why it's not as cool at home, but she is a beast when it comes to clean up time.
Richard is taking Riley and his dad on the father son campout for our ward tonight. Riley is so excited to sleep on "grandpas bed" (our air mattress) in "uncle Ben's tent" (it is actually his tent). Not sure how Richard and Bruce will fair with Riley being a night owl and sometimes a super grumpy one. Hopefully they all make it back in one piece. Can't see them getting much sleep though. It's okay though because I will have the most beautiful and quiet night. I'm so excited. :)
Richard also graduated! He's happy to be done with school forever.
And for those that read this blog, I have a super secret surprise. You have to keep it quiet, but consider it a reward for reading... Riley is going to be a big sister! That's right my friends, 11/11 should be an exciting day here. I'll probably announce on Facebook in a few weeks, but for now it's just our secret. I actually know the gender but won't share that yet until it's 100% sure. I'll have the anatomy scan at the end of June so tune in next month for more! If that doesn't bring you back maybe these cute pictures will...
We flew kites one Saturday afternoon. Riley's had Anna from Frozen. Mine was Leonardo the Ninja Turtle and I think Richard's was Bumblebee from Transformers.
The Easter Bunny hides 12 packs of Pepsi. If you didn't get yours you should probably check your yard again. It'll be there.
A beautiful sunny walk to the park
The Dinosaur Park
"A baby-saur!!"
Lookin good.
Some snow
She really is my child.
Baby 2
First time feeding the ducks. The geese were mean. They would stand and flap their wings and hiss. now everytime a duck flaps its wings at us Riley says "That's a mean one"
Her church outfit. She picked the shoes herself.
Second time feeding the ducks. They followed us to the car when we ran. They swarmed us. We had to feed them from the car.
Feeding the scary ducks
Family vaca to Mars.
And a quick stop at the moon, Not sure who that photobomber is in the background.
Getting ready for the show in the dome! Stars!!
