Together Forever

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Riley

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Peyton

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 2015

July is almost over. The craziness. We started the month with a party (always do. It's a great way to start July). Richard gave me a Peyton Manning jersey. Now baby #2 and I can match. She also has a Peyton Manning jersey. (In case you're wondering, her name will be Peyton. Not named after Manning, but people will assume, so why not live it up).

Some Riley crazies this month:

She's rekindled her love of fireworks. She asks for them daily. We went to Uncle Ben's and Aunt Anne's for the 4th and played with cousins, ate hot dogs and did fireworks. Their house is fun for fireworks because they can see across the Salt Lake Valley, so it's a pretty awesome view. Riley spent the time covering her ears and asking for more fireworks. She also discovered the joy of water balloons. She just stood by the bucket and tossed them into the grass. She also learned how to roll up in a blanket like a Riley-burrito. Thank you cousin Kami.

While playing with her cousin Abbie (who just turned 8) in her room, I hear the following conversation:
Abbie: Riley, do you want to play "I'm a princess?"
My child: No, I want to play football.

We did a family dinner at the McRae's house one Sunday (? I can't really remember. Lets pretend it was a Sunday). The whole family was there. What a party. Riley had a blast playing. She'd been having a hard time with the heat outside (she'd be throwing up the next morning after playing outside the day before) so we had her stay inside that afternoon. She was a good sport about it. It was the adults and Riley inside and Richard had robots on (must have been Sunday if we were watching that) and Riley pulled out the game Hi-Ho Cherry-o and sat on the floor then turned to Ben and said "Uncle Ben, do you want to play?" (just so everyone knows, Riley is terrified of Ben. She likes him a whole lot but she gets super nervous and shy around him, so this is HUGE). Obviously Ben couldn't say no, so she spent the evening beating him in cherries.

One night she came into our room about 1 am crying. I pulled her up onto our bed where I discovered she was wearing a tulle tutu. I asked her about it and apparently she pulled on a tutu for fun before bed. No wonder she woke up. That had to be itchy. So I tell her I'm going to take it off. While pulling it off I realize that not only is it itchy, but it's the one my mom made for her when she was a baby. She wore it when she was 9 months old. No idea how she got it on.

We had gone to the park one night and it was time to leave. Riley was being a huge pain about it and not getting buckled into her carseat. So Richard told her if she wasn't going to get buckled, she should get out of the car and stay there. So she goes for the door and she asks "I stay at the park?" And being the good parents we are, we explained that she would have to stay all alone. Then she asks "Grown ups come back?" (Thank you Daniel Tiger) and we tell her that if she stays at the park by herself that a different grown up would probably take her, and she wouldn't see us again. So she proceeds to open the door and turns and with the saddest look on her face waves and says "Bye mommy. Bye daddy. I miss you" and blows kisses. It was ridiculously sad and hilarious at the same time. I was crying and laughing. Richard finally got out of the car and promised ice cream if she got buckled in. That worked better.

After her cousins left (sad) we went to spend a day with Grandma and Grandpa McRae (a nice quiet day). Riley spent the whole day following Marie around and "helping" with whatever she was doing at the time. They did laundry, made macaroni and cheese, made brownies and frosting for dessert, cleaned the kitchen, etc. I would hear Riley asking the same question over and over and Marie would answer every time. I'd also hear Riley say things like "You did it all by yourself!" or "Careful Grandma". She even made Marie get up and dance when we did some fireworks and had some of the flashers (strobe like ones). Riley had a blast playing with them.

She loves to ask about feelings. Whenever I'm obviously upset with something she did she'll look at me and ask "Are you feeling frustrated?" (again, thank you Daniel Tiger). Or sometimes she'll say "Chelle, how are you feeling?" when I'm angry. It's adorable and infuriating.

She can spell her name from memory, and is learning to write it. Pretty impressive.

Yesterday, my favorite question she asked was "Daddy has butt cheekies?"

I'm sure she's done other hilarious things, I wish I could remember them all. I try to write things down as she does them, but it's hard to get it all written down. She still struggles with pooping on the potty. She did it two days in a row so I was excited, but she's back to her jumping to make the feeling go away. Then about 3 am she'll come in and announce that she pooped.

Richard is staying busy as work. They're down a couple guys so Richard stays and works hard. I don't always like it, but it's a good trait to have. I think he's excited to have the apartment to himself when Riley and I go visit Colorado for a couple weeks. Pretty sure it's why he suggested we go...

My parents are coming this weekend to play and then Riley and I will drive back to Colorado with them and stay for a while. Change of scenery. Riley's pretty excited. Not sure she really understands how long she will be in the car, so it should be a fun ride. She's told me she wants to sit by Grandma. Pretty sure that may not happen...

Fantasy football is getting ready to start! I have rejoined 2 leagues and am finally doing some research. Really dropping the ball this year. I need to figure out who I want and for how much! I need to start making my lists... I was also released from nursery a couple weeks ago (Hooray!). After 3 years in the nursery I got to rejoin the big kids. I even brought my scriptures. It was super weird.

And on to the pictures...

Baby Peyton's homecoming outfit. She will love me forever. You're welcome baby.

Richard with all his Texas nieces. And Riley. She's there too.

The Riley-rito

She loves her Uncle Ben. Progress is slow, but steady.

Riley and Paige. This is how the cool kids watch fireworks.

Riley and Bailey (Bailey is eating Riley's ice. I feel bad I didn't get a picture of just Riley and Abbie)

She sat by Uncle Ben. This is big.