Together Forever

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Riley

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Peyton

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

9 months

Riley is 3/4 of the way to one year. What an oldie. I myself have become quite a pro at motherhood. I pick her boogers, wipe her face, feed her. I've even trained her to sleep in until 9 am most days. I told you. Pro. She's been quite busy this last month. But first, her stats from the doctor (whom she does not like. She won't even look at him)

Weight: 18 lbs 8 oz 56%tile
Height: 28.5 inches 82%tile (I know what you're thinking. She takes after her 5'4" mother)
Head: 47.5 cm 97%tile (Seriously. This is from me)

Her sweet accomplishments this last month:
  • She knows a few commands. One is "Bonk" she will then repeatedly hit her head against yours. She thinks it's hilarious. The other one is "Dance" she then bobs her head back and forth. She can dance without command as well. The other day she heard a car alarm and she stopped playing to listen and then started dancing.
  • She has crawled. For real. But the only time she will crawl is if I place a pile of Gerber Puffs on the floor away from her. I'm not sure why Puffs are the only things worthy of seeing her crawl, but that is the only motivation I have found to get her to move. I've spent many hours on my hands and knees trying to get her to follow me and crawl but she just sits and laughs at me.
  • She is now a pro at sitting. She can get from laying down to sitting. It's her newest trick. She does it all the time when I'm not watching. It's funny to look up and see her looking so proud and somewhat confused as to how she got that way.
  • She says "mama" all the time. She doesn't know it's me, but she says it
  • She loves BBQ pork and chicken. She also enjoys Airheads.
  • The crib mattress has been lowered. She can now pull herself up in the crib. She couldn't when it was at it's highest because the top is wide and she couldn't get her little hands around it. But now she can use the slats to pull herself up.
  • We tried letting her sit with a family behind us at church on Sunday and she lasted almost 30 seconds. But before that she was smiling and playing with them. A definate improvement.
  • She can copy noises we make. She especially loves to growl and do some whispers.
  • She's very easily distracted by any little object on the floor. Probably contributes to her lack of motivation to crawl.
I can't think of anything else at the moment. She's just as crazy as ever. She's very serious around strangers, but is outgoing when she is with people she knows. She can be super loud.

In other news. Richard bought a big toolbox. He sleeps with it next to the bed. I think it's because he loves it. He's still plugging away at school and doing an awesome job. I stay busy with Riley. I also keep up with my fantasy football. I really have no life.

Halloween was great fun. We got several bags of candy. I was good and didn't open them until a couple days before. I started eating them but I saved most of it. We had 2 trick-or-treaters. So I then finished all of the Airheads (except the orange ones). Riley dressed up but didn't go out except to check the mail. But she was adorable in her costume. Richard also made a costume at work.

Pictures are not posting. I will have to do a seperate post with pictures because I'm tired and don't want to fight with this computer anymore :)