- First things first, we found out Riley is allergic to peanuts! That means no peanut butter, no Snickers, no nothing. I'm not too torn up inside because I'm not really a peanut butter person, but at the same time I was sad because making a PB&J is about a million times easier than frying up a grilled cheese. As an added bonus, we had Chick-fil-a for lunch today. I was sitting there during her nap, munching down on my leftover Chick-fil-a sandwich when I looked at the bag and read the bottom, which said something about being fried in 100% peanut oil. I stopped chewing and reread it. I may have just killed my daughter. GRAB THE EPI PEN! (I practiced using it just an hour or two before). But then I thought about it and decided Google would know best. I googled it and apparently you can be allergic to peanuts but be absolutely fine with peanut oil. This is because you are reacting to the peanuts proteins and they aren't present in peanut oil. So, she is fine. Still napping and happy as can be, full of peanut oil fried chicken.
- Riley likes to try to eat pinecones. And nasty (and I mean NASTY) snow. It's full of things like chewed gum, trash and tree droppings. And she hands it off to me as proud as can be. It's rather gross.
- We took her to the park a few days ago because the weather is finally fabulous and she spent the whole time playing in the sand. She could care less that there were swings and slides and things to climb on. She just wanted to spread sand all over her pants.
- She has gotten multiple bruises and black eyes in the last month. None are my fault I'd like to point out. The first was when she lost a fight with a very pointy corner on a trash can in Colorado. That resulted in a black eye on the left eye if I remember correctly. Then we came back to Utah and were at Wal-Mart. I was looking at clothes while Richard took her to play in the toy aisle. I made my way over there a few minutes later and could hear her screaming a few aisles away. Apparently she had tripped and somehow brought a toy with her and landed on it. That was a nice forehead bruise. She did something similar to get a black eye on the right, I can't remember exactly where that one came from, but Richard was supposed to be watching her again, so I'm clear of any fault here.
- She went on her first plane ride to Denver at the end of February. She was pretty good. The flight back was a bit more challenging but the people were nicer that flight (Thank goodness). The first flight she sat next to some lady who obviously was not happy to be sitting next to a toddler. But Riley has no problem with people who don't like her. She kept trying to hand her my empty gum wrapper. Riley tends to like people who try to ignore her. The more you ignore her the more attention you'll get.
- Riley is so freakin talented. She can wave, nod her head yes, shake her head no, dance, bonk, kisses, the works. In Colorado she learned Touchdown! And she throws her hands up in the air. She just started giving kisses the other day. She even makes the MWAH! sound. She doesn't say any words yet though. She's getting by pretty well without them. She can also locate her nose and my nose. I'm working on ears next.
- She enjoys watching Ellen. I used to watch her show all the time, but when we got Dish Network I had so many other options it was exciting. Now I started flipping back to Ellen this last week and Riley will sit and watch with me. She loves when she dances up and down the aisles.
- Yesterday we talked to Riley about how we were going to go outside. So I sat down and offered her her jeans or her overalls to wear out. She picked the jeans and came and sat down in front of me so I could put them on. Then I stood her up to zip them and looked around for her socks. By the time I found both she came up to me with a shoe and handed it off then went to look for the other. She came back and again sat down in front of me ready to get her socks and shoes on. I can't believe how much she understands when we talk to her!
- I know I have previously bragged about how my child will eat anything. Alas, we have come to serious issues. She will eat cheese, apples and graham crackers willingly. Everything else is a pain. I can get her to eat about 2 peas or 2 bites of whatever meat we are eating and that's it. I have gone back to giving her purees because it at least gets a vegetable in her. She still drinks her milk and water like a champ though. She has 2 bottles a day and then drinks a good 8 oz of water from her sippy cup everyday.
- She loves books. Especially the ladybug book I got her for her birthday or Christmas or something. It's called Ten Little Ladybugs and she will sit there for a good 30 minutes and look at that book. We read it at least once a day.
- She is now screaming in stores. Not in an unhappy way, but more in an "I'm so excited to see people!" kind of way. I think it irritates shoppers, but I can't get her to stop, so too bad. Richard hasn't helped this behavior by playing peek-a-boo by disappearing down aisles and jumping out at her. She loves the game, but I get a lot of dirty looks from other people in the store. But again, they can get over it.
- She still takes two naps a day and sleeps about 11-12 hours at night, usually no problem. I love it. She sleeps until about 8:30 or 9 in the morning. It doesn't get better than that people.
Friday, March 15, 2013
Hello March!
Well. It's been a few weeks. As soon as the year was up I just gave up blogging. But, now I'm back and you can all read about how wonderful and smart Riley is. I know you want to. This post will not have any pictures however. This is because someone (ahem, Richard) has my laptop and I'm having to use my old one. But I will try to entertain you with just words.
