Together Forever

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Riley

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Peyton

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 2013

Lets get right to it. Riley is 14 months or something now (I stop counting after 12 months). I'm still 24 and Richard is old. I'd tell you weight and height but I don't want to be embarrassed.

  • Riley likes to climb. The other day I was doing something turn around and she's on the loveseat touching the map on the wall behind it. How she got up there, I have no idea. It's a mystery to this day.
  • She's very good at following directions. She does throw tantrums if she doesn't want to give me something, but for the most part she's very good. I can tell her to bring me a book and she goes right over to the shelf and finds one.
  • She is a dancer. Any kind of music. She danced to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir during conference. It's always the same dance. Recently she has started this foot stomp thing. It's hilarious to watch. She takes one foot and stomps it over and over while the other leg stays stiff. It's like some sort of Irish Jig or something.
  • She loves balls. Any kind. She carries around a blue one that's about as big as she is. She also loves her bag of ball pit balls. I'm not as big of a fan. She dumps them on the floor and takes her hands and does a windshield wiper type move and the balls go everywhere. There are still dozens under the couch that I just don't feel like picking up (partly because I can't reach, but whatever).
  • Still no words. She'd rather look at us and yell until we figure out what she wants.
  • She views church and sacrament meeting as her own personal playground. You'd never know she didn't like strangers while we are sitting there. She goes up to anyone and takes what she wants. Most people let her. It's rather embarrassing. But we try to share her toys as well. We've got cool things like light up spikey balls and such. Those are excellent for throwing.
  • We're figuring out the whole peanut allergy thing. It's hard to avoid sometimes. It seems that almost everything thing comes with a disclaimer so they can't get in trouble if someone has a reaction. Most candy is off limits, and cookies, pretty much anything good. Good thing she doesn't know what she's missing yet.
  • We got her a peanut allergy bracelet. It should be here tomorrow. I hope it fits her. I heard it's kind of big for smaller kids so we will see. Maybe I'll wear it. I'm just worried that when she wanders with her super good buddies at church that they'll share something she can't have.
  • Her favorite movie is Tangled. My goodness. If she's having a cranky day I can pop that in and it's about 90 minutes of bliss. She will sit and watch that whole thing. As soon as she sees the menu pop up she's pointing at the tv and dancing. She doesn't care much for other Disney movies that I've tried. She loves Tangled though.
  • She got arm floaties for Easter. Those are more for Richard, but now she can go swimming this summer with some fun accessories.
  • She refuses to give kisses now. Probably because we used it for a few days to get her to come near enough to us to grab her and change her diaper. But it worked. We just asked "can you give mommy a kiss?" and she'd wander over where I would then trap her. She's learned her lesson. She still avoids Richard whenever he sits on the floor and says "come here". She knows that means it's a diaper change. She stays just out of arms reach. She'll tease him by coming a little closer and when he reaches for her she runs away.
  • She's still a picky eater. Of all things she loves sausage. The Hillshire Farm Beef Polska or something. She flips whenever we have it. She also loves mashed potatoes.
  • We got her a small pink plastic lawn chair for about $5. She climbs all over that thing. She likes to sit in it when she watches tv.
  • She started squinting her eyes. I love it. It's one of my favorite things she does. She'll just be eating lunch and she'll look at me and then squint her eyes and smile.
She's quite a character when you get to see the real her. She's still shy around most people but has no problems sharing as long as you give it back to her. She loves spinning in circles and getting dizzy. She's quite a cute little girl.

Richard's doing well with school and work. He got an 88 on his nutrition class the other day and was quite proud of it. He's been working on fixing some stuff on the car as well as helping me with Riley and cleaning the apartment. What a stud. He enjoys watching weird shows on tv that I just don't understand. We do like to watch Duck Dynasty when that comes on. He's such a good sport and does pretty much whatever I want to do.

I'm staying busy with Riley and my Nook. If I could I would spend 100s of dollars each month on books. I'm waiting for a few to come out this year and finish a few series. I found gel pens online, the kind that I had in middle school so I'm excited for those to come and use them for journaling or something exciting.

I can't think of much else happening. Our lives are boring and predictable but we're enjoying it for now. Enjoy April!!