Together Forever

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Riley

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Peyton

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 26, 2013

May, June and July

Sorry it's been so long since I updated! Life has been busy. I tired updating in early June but the computer restarted before I could make the post and I was too lazy to do it again. Now I can update for the whole summer!
  • She knows all the actions to Popcorn Popping. I was pretty impressed. I don't even have to do them with her. I just sing the song and she can do the actions all by herself.
  • She blows kisses. Auntie Kelly taught her how and now she does it all the time.
  • She takes one nap a day. Some days a 4 hour nap. Those are very good days.
  • She will let me put a clip in her hair. She has weird hair. She has a lot in the back but it won't grow on top. She's kinda like an old man. But I can get a clip in it so I'm happy. She usually takes it out and hands it to me and waits for me to put it back in. She knows what they are for.
  • She appears to have either forgotten where her belly button is or she just doesn't care to show it off anymore.
  • She LOVES the splash pad. We didn't think she would since she hates her bath times with a fiery passion, but apparently splash pads are ok. Who knew dumping giant buckets of water would be alright but a wash cloth and bubble bath are forbidden?
  • She trips a lot. And it's hilarious. She usually laughs it off. She even got kicked in the face at the playground by a little boy doing the monkey bars. After that he fell and made a huge deal about his elbow hurting. Riley looked at him and laughed. I'm pretty proud of that moment.
  • Riley loves purses. We found her a cheap little one at the DI and she carries that thing around everywhere. It's adorable.
  • She also loves bubbles. It's our new favorite activity.
  • Another new favorite activity is rearranging my kitchen. I constantly catch her moving things in the drawers to different drawers and can never find a spatula when I need one. She also hides toys and snacks with the tupperware. If I can't find a pacifier that's usually the first place I check.
  • She says one word. Tickle. She tickles everything while she says it too. For instance, we were reading a book. I asked where the hippo was. She reaches out and says "Tickle, tickle, tickle, tickle" while wiggling her fingers at the hippo. 
  • She understands everything except for the words "no" or "don't". Maybe she understands them but chooses to ignore them. It's a toss up in my mind.
  • She has developed a fear of changing tables. She clings to you for dear life when you lower her to a changing table. She then freaks out every time you move her while changing her like she thinks she's going to fall off. She's never fallen off of one so I'm not sure where this fear came from.
  • She still loves the outdoors. She loves bugs, dirt, mud, grass, cement, anything outside really. 
  • Her favorite movie is still Tangled. She still watches it way too much.
  • She is refusing to drink her milk. She's very much like her mother in that regard. I guess I better feed her ice cream to make up for the lack of dairy in her diet.
  • She can locate just about every feature of her face and also find her toes. Very smart cookie.
She goes in for her 18 month appointment in a week and a half or something like that, so I will try to update again when she goes in and gets her stats. I'm sure she will still be a giant. 

Richard is staying busy with work and getting ready for school to start at the end of August. He still loves his orange truck and wants to go fishing sometime before the summer ends. I'm enjoying my air conditioning and Riley's nap times because I can read a book and relax. I'm ready for this hot weather to end and for fall weather to begin. I miss my hoodies, jackets and boots. I enjoyed my birthday earlier this month and got lots of books to read on my nook and some fancy new jeans and a Denver Bronco's hat. I can now publicly display my pride when I have a bad hair day or choose not to do anything good to my hair.