- Riley is talking up a storm. She is always chatting about something or another. Most of the time we have no idea what she is talking about but she just keeps going.
- Some notable words she's learned are: noise, snow, daddy, Christmas tree, and Santa (she says nananana)
- She flat out refuses to even try to say mom or mommy or mama. She got a Little People Nativity set from Grandma and Grandpa McRae (Thanks!) and I showed her Joseph and told her that he was baby Jesus' daddy. So she said "daddy". Then I showed her Mary and said it was baby Jesus' mommy. She just looked at me and then shoved a wise man in my face.
- She is obsessed with the Christmas tree. She always blows kisses and waves if we leave the house or if she goes to bed. She loves it.
- She keeps taking the ornaments off the tree. Within 24 hours of having it up most of the ornaments migrated north so she couldn't reach. She's very tall and our tree is only 6.5 feet tall. So most of our ornaments are on the top 1/3 of the tree. I still can't believe what she can reach. She's way too tall for her own good.
- She now has a baby and she loves it. If she's in a super sad mood and crying I can ask where her baby is and she'll look for her and laugh while she cries. I'm not sure what's so funny about the baby but she loves her. She always feeds her whatever snack she happens to have. I figure it's a good opportunity to learn about sharing. Although it will be different to pretend to share with a baby when you get the whole snack back and with a friend who will probably appreciate her willingness to share and actually eat the snack.
- She loves playing in the snow. We've had a couple of snow storms and we've gone out to play a couple times. It's super cold though. I'd rather stay inside where it's warm.
- She still loves apples, apple juice and apple sauce. She refers to them all as "apple-gee" I'm not sure where the gee came from.
- She has some epic tantrums. I'm not sure where that temper came from but I'm pretty sure it's a McRae trait.
- She loves spending time with her friend Lenay from downstairs. She loves when she comes over and they share some fruit snacks and play with her felt tree or race cars.
- Her favorite commercial is the Kmart Joe Boxer commercial. She screams in delight when it comes on and squats down to dance with them. If you haven't seen the commercial just look it up on youtube. You can search Kmart Jingle Bell Commercial. You'll know it when you see it.
Wearing Uncle Jason's Weber State hat
Eating lunch in a big girl chair.
Drinking my Pepsi
Lining up fruit snacks
Helping with the Christmas tree
The top of the tree. My very special fantasy football ornament. It says "Fantasy Football Armchair Champion"
Pulling ornaments off the tree
Dancing to her commercial. Not a very good picture but it was dark and she needed to go to bed.
Hiding at Burlington Coat Factory
Playing in the snow
Coloring in her book
