- We went to Grandma Olson's Christmas party. Everyone missed seeing Richard since he had to work, but they all enjoyed seeing Riley.
- We went to see Santa. Riley flipped. She was ok with him at a distant but the second we started to approach she wouldn't even look at him. She practically crawled over Richards shoulder to get away.
- We spent several days with the McRae's including Christmas. We went for breakfast on Christmas morning and saw everyone. Riley loved all the attention and playing with her cousins.
- Riley likes to sleep in. Therefore on Christmas morning Richard and I woke her up about 8 (she usually gets up about 9 or so) so we could open presents before leaving for Salt Lake. She was less than pleased. We started with her stocking, which she obediently emptied when we held it out and open for her. Then she just stared at us with a very blank and rather grumpy face like "this is what you woke me up for?" But once the presents started she understood what the excitement was about.
- Riley got a Little People bus that she adores and a FurReal Friends kitty. For those who don't know about FurReal friends, they're basically robotic animals. Riley is ridiculously obsessed with this cat. It's the weirdest toy but she loves it. It has even encouraged her to start saying kitty. She also got some books and necklaces and crayons. She got the bus and a Little People Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from the Kearns and a snowsuit, coat and boots from the McRaes.
- Richard and I enjoyed our Christmas too. Richard spoiled me rotten. He even gave me a crisp new $100 bill. I was quite shocked. I also got plenty of Bronco gear including a scarf, blanket and shirt. Richard even got a Broncos shirt, which I'm sure he adores even though I had to guilt him into wearing it. We also got several DVDs including Despicable Me 2, Finding Nemo, Monsters University, Parental Guidance and Big Bang and Modern Family, the new seasons that are out. We got lots of clothes from the McRaes. Especially me, they got mixed up as to who was buying what and ended up buying me twice as much as anyone else. Can't complain :) They even got me the cutest new boots! I love them and wear them whenever I can! Richard got something for his truck hitch (I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I bought it for him) and he seems to love it. He also got lots of socks, some new jeans and new shoes.
- Richard and I made it to midnight on New Year's eve. We're pretty proud of that accomplishment. Riley tried to make it with help from whoever was setting off fireworks for about 3 hours starting at 9 that night.
- Jason moved out to Ogden on January 2. We are very excited to have him here. Mostly so we can abuse his free babysitting ability. Granted I have to feed him on Sundays, but I guess it's an even trade. He also watches football with me when it's on.
- We started 9:00 church last Sunday. Riley needs to learn to appreciate it.
- Riley's talking up a storm. My new favorite that she says is "surprise!" and she even spreads her arms out to the side when she says it.
- She has started loving bananas. I'm not sure what changed, but she thinks they're fabulous instead of carrying the black plague. Now we need to get her to eat something other than fruit, fruit snacks and marshmallows and we will be set.
- She's getting to be funnier and funnier. She tries to repeat almost everything we say so we have to start watching ourselves. She loves nursery even though she still doesn't really play with the other kids. She prefers to hand them whatever toy she has and watch as they play with it.
- Riley's very laid back. It's nice that she's not too uptight and just rolls with whatever we decide to do. Except she vehemently refuses to sit in the shopping cart. It's obnoxious and I'm sure people think we are "those parents" who choose to shop during naptime and I swear that's not it! We get her up and give her breakfast and get her dressed and go to the store. She doesn't like the cart and doesn't want to walk. She has to be held. Good thing I bring Richard with us. He's in charge of her.
- Riley likes to color, but prefers the sketchbook to an actual coloring book.
- I've recently realized that she's super tall. She sits in a regular chair at the table and doesn't need a booster seat. She can see over the table just fine. I'm sure a booster would help, but it makes me kinda sad to know she's so big already. I can't believe she's almost 2!
- Richard started school last Monday. I think he loves seeing his buddies again. There's about 12 or so in the class with him and they all take their automotive classes together. He's been staying up doing his reading since he works after school.
- I'm trying to be better about keeping the apartment clean all the time. I'm also reading books and playing with Riley. I try to get her out in the snow once a day even though I don't like it. I'm not sure she's a big fan of it either. I did get first place in one of my Fantasy Football leagues. I was very excited. I've made some resolutions to try to keep this year. One of them is to read 75 books. I've been doing well so far. I think I'll do better than my 75.
The only way I can do her hair is if I let her play with her toothbrush and running water
She found this headband at Target and refused to take it off for anything
After seeing Santa
Cute family picture
Her eyebrows. She randomly started this and it cracks me up!
Christmas Eve PJs
Opening her kitty
Dressing the kitty with her new necklaces
Her boots and necklaces
Just cute
Sitting at the table with no booster seat
I'm pretty proud of my work here. It took a while but her braids are adorable
Snow suit!
