Together Forever

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Riley

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Peyton

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 10, 2014

September 2014


September 2014. Time has flown by. I cannot believe it is October. The weather is changing and I’m so happy that it is. Our air conditioning is turned off and our heater is on. I love the sunshine and being able to wear boots and long sleeve shirts. This is my time of year.

·         Riley still throws so many tantrums. I really am at a loss of what her deal is. One thing that works (that I discovered yesterday) is a song from Daniel Tiger. Stay with me here. It actually works. It goes like this “When you feel so mad that you wanna roar, take a deep breath (breathe in and out) and count to four. One. Two. Three. Four.” And it works every. Single. Time. Not even kidding. I feel ridiculous for singing it all the time but it works! I’m still in shock. I always laughed at the show because I thought the stuff would never work. Now I’m a believer. Rock on Daniel Tiger.

·         Riley still calls me “Michelle” or “chelle” as she says it. I keep trying to tell her my name is mommy but she just laughs and says “come on, chelle”. Again, no idea how to fix this problem.

·         We went to Lenay’s 4th birthday party. Riley really enjoyed the piñata. She didn’t really care about hitting it but loved when the candy came out. In fact she kept collecting all the candy while everyone else sang happy birthday and ate cupcakes. People kept asking whose bag it was stuffed so full and laughed when I told them it was Riley’s. She was the youngest there but she knew where the good stuff was at.

·         She loves to play with her “monsters” (they are these small, maybe quarter sized, figurines, an assortment of monsters from Monsters University, Lala Loopsy and Angry Birds Star Wars, random I know). She stuffs them all in this cute purse I found for about 50 cents and will place them in her princess castle. She will do this all day long. And she wants me to sit and watch her. I can’t touch them. I can only watch. And if I don’t watch she has a fit.

·         Grandma and Grandpa Kearns came to visit for a few days and Riley had a blast. She cried when they finally had to leave. We went to watch Uncle Jason run at BYU and visited family one day while they were here. Then we just hung around and did some errands and fun things the next few days.

·         Riley also loves zippers. Doesn’t matter if they’re on my boots, her boots, her jacket, a book she loves them. And she makes sure you know that she will zip them, not you.

·         She’s trying really hard to speak more which is fantastic. She’ll try to tell you stories of what she did or where she went or who she saw.

·         She’s adorable when she sees other little kids at the store or playground or wherever we are. She points and excitedly tells us “friends!!” then gets super shy if they pay attention to her. When we were leaving the store on day she was saying goodbye to everything we passed (goodbye elmo, goodbye buppies, goodbye toys, goodbye ball, etc.) and then we passed a little kid coming into the store and she says “goodbye friend”.

·         Whenever she says goodbye to someone or something she always adds on a “love you!” No matter who or what it is. Sometimes its rocks and pumpkins other time people.

·         She’s becoming very independent. She likes to do it all herself. She can sometimes get her pants on herself, her tops not so much. But her head is so big that we even have a hard time getting tops on. They need bigger neck holes. She hates having her hair and teeth brushed. She still hates and refuses to eat any kind of meat other than hot dogs or chicken nuggets. She doesn’t like bedtime or naptime. She doesn’t like being washed in the bath. She’d much rather do things her way, but her way seems to be unhygienic, so I must force my unfair rules upon her.

·         Things she loves: Playing in the water, apple juice, fruit snacks, Garfield, Willy Wonka (totally random right? It’s the old version too), My Little Pony, jumping, dancing, playing with Lenay, puddles, Broncos (yay!), anything sweet, books, puzzles, Daddy, boots (that’s my girl, she wears them everywhere), blankets, the stupid pacifier, going to the store, the playground, church (she seriously loves church)

·         Speaking of church she’s going to be in for a nasty shock if I’m ever released from nursery (which I’m starting to think I’ll be there forever…) She will not leave my side. If the day comes that I am released we are going to be having some very miserable Sunday’s at church.

·         One of my favorite things to do right now is ask her questions about favorites. They change every few minutes. I’ll ask her what her favorite color/pony/number/letter/etc is just to see what she says.

Richard is still loving his job in Salt Lake. He gets to do so much more. He’s only done one oil change in the month that he’s been there. He gets to do real work on the cars, so he is learning a lot. He’s also enjoying his new calling. Not keeping him too busy which is nice and the guys he gets to work with are really awesome people.

I’ve been busy finishing up some crafts that I had started and never got to finish. Like the ABC quiet book for Riley, a jumper for Riley, a couple baby blankets for some friends and some taggy toys. I’ve got a relief society super Saturday coming up in a couple weeks that I’m excited to go to. I’ve also got a list of books I want to read this month and I’m getting those done too. I’m also still watching my fantasy football team. Football season is my favorite time of the year. Well, my time is up, Riley is awake and wanting to touch the keyboard. Lots of Love my friends! Happy October!