PSA: It’s the middle of November.
I can't believe October is over and November is more than half over. Seems likes it's still August. Except it's kinda chilly for August.
It’s time for an update on little miss Riley.
·
She was Buzz Lightyear for Halloween and she was
ADORABLE. She even loved trick-or-treating. It took her a few houses but she
caught on and was less shy about talking to strangers giving her candy. Not
sure if that’s a good thing. She still randomly asks to go trick-or-treating
and when I say we can’t do it she says “Pleeeeeeease” like that can somehow
magically make it Halloween again.
·
Her absolute favorite movie is Willy Wonka. The
old one. She’s always asking for “Illy Onka”. A few months ago she found a
ruler I had been using and she was all hunched over using it like a cane and
saying “I Illy Onka! I Illy Onka!” Like it was the coolest toy in the world.
·
She’s SUPER excited about Christmas. She even
says she wants to see Santa and sit on his lap. We’ll see what happens when it
comes time to act upon those statements. She talks about Christmas stuff all
the time.
·
I talked to her about Thanksgiving and how we
are supposed to say thank you for the things we have. I gave her a few examples
then asked what she was grateful for. She said Christmas Trees. See previous
bullet point.
·
The words I hear the most all day long is “What’s
this Chelle? What’s this?” and she asks it exactly like that every time. We
were going through Joann’s the other day and literally, every 30 seconds she
would ask that about something we were passing. It took me ages to get what I
had gone in for because we had to stop for everything we passed.
·
She still won’t eat meat. Unless it’s chicken
nuggets from McDonalds. Seriously. I’ve tried dinosaur chicken nuggets from the
freezer at the store. Nope. Wendy’s chicken nuggets. Nope. Only McDonalds.
Although last night she totally ate some turkey meatballs. I was afraid to
speak or breathe in case she realized what was happening and spit them back
out.
·
She loves markers and glue. She constantly wants
to do crafts with cotton balls. A newly discovered love is the mini Starbursts
that are already unwrapped. The pink ones. Her favorite TV show is Wild Kratts.
It’s kind of a weird show but she can’t get enough.
·
She always asks to go to the park at the most inconvenient
of times. Like when it’s pitch black outside. Or the middle of a snowstorm.
Then she has a tantrum because it’s 10 pm and we’re not going to the park.
·
Richard has dubbed the song, “Take Me to Church”
by Hozier her song. She asks to go to church every day. And when we actually go
to church she doesn’t want us to leave her side. We have to hide her church
shoes because if she chooses to wear those she thinks we’ll go to church and
then is severely disappointed when we end up grocery shopping.
·
She has an issue with selective hearing. I’m
waiting for there to be a cure for it. It drives me crazy.
·
She’s started sleeping forever in the morning
and skipping naps. She goes to bed about 10:30/11 and sleeps until 10:30 or
later in the mornings. Kind of nice but I also miss my breaks during her naps.
The days seem much longer without her naps.
Richard is still working and loving it. He comes home every day
with something new that he’s done and can’t wait to tell me about it. He’s
taking a couple tests this week for some certification ( I think) and hopefully
he’ll pass those. He’s been working on getting rid of the rust in the bed of
his truck on the weekends.
I’m trying to reach my goal of reading 125 books this year.
I need to read 35 more before the end of the year so I’ll be reading my little
behind off. I’m also trying to stay on top of housework better. That’s not
nearly as much fun as reading is.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hopefully I
get on for another post before Christmas!!
