Together Forever

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Riley

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Peyton

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Goodbye 2014!!

It is 2015. Another year has come and gone and we are still here and kicking. December was a fun month for us. We did Christmas-y stuff and watched the Polar Express, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer like a gazillion times. Literally.

I got to see The Forgotten Carols with my friends Taelor and Richanne when it came to Weber State. Such a cute show. I knew almost nothing about it but loved it. I'll have to read the book sometime.

We went to Richard's grandma's Christmas party. She has a family party every year. I love it. I get to see all of Richard's cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. I can never remember who is who and which kids go where but I love the atmosphere. It's fun to see everyone and see how much their kids have grown and what they're all doing.

And of course we celebrated Christmas! This year we got to travel to Colorado for Christmas, New Years and Jason's wedding (yes. He is a married man now. Crazy.) Before travelling to Colorado we celebrated Christmas at the McRae's on December 23. Riley was super spoiled and got a new coat and snowpants, a book, some games, a Leappad2 and a trike. Uncle Ben, Aunt Anne, Kami and Kadan gave Riley a trike (mostly from Ben because he is trying to buy her love. It worked. For at least 10-15 minutes) I got some pictures. Might have been the first time they had pictures together since her first Christmas. She doesn't really know what to do with Ben. She talks about him a lot but she gets super shy when he's around. We then flew to Colorado on the 24th. We had about an 8 hour delay at Salt Lake International because of a crack in the copilots window. We loved our copilot so we waited for them to fix it. Riley had a few other kids about her age to play with which was fantastic. I wish we could keep in contact with them because they were the nicest family. We finally made it to Colorado by about 4 or 5 that night. We had hot wings and a small family get together. We watched A Christmas Story because it's tradition and went to bed. We got Riley out of bed about 9 or 10 Christmas morning to open presents. She was not impressed until she actually got to open presents. Kind of like last year. She just glared until presents appeared. She got more games, books, ponies and a couple movies. Very spoiled kid. My parents did a big Christmas dinner with the missionaries, friends from the ward, my grandparents, aunt Charlotte and uncle Jim, Jason and Cat. My grandpa Mosier brought over his remote control helicopter. That made Richard jealous. They had a great time trying to operate it.

The rest of our visit in Colorado was very laid back . I got to visit my grandpa Kearns in the hospital most days. He had more brain surgery and was missing part of his skull so his head was all collapsed on one side. Super weird. But you get used to it. He was pretty good most days but sometimes you could tell he was tired. I got to go to 2 hockey games while I was there. One with Richard (it was his first NHL game) and the Avs lost. I also got to go again on December 31 with my dad, Jim and Charlotte. It was an exciting game and the Avs won! Jason and Cat got married on December 30 in the Denver Temple. It was frigid. A high of like 8, but the windchill made it -3 or something when we were doing pictures and going from the temple to the annex. Congratulations to them!! The reception that night was beautiful and fun catching up with everyone who came. Riley also had a blast playing with her cousin Caleb. She loved him. Except when he would pull her hair or scratch her face. But props to her for just taking it and not retaliating. We flew back on January 1, 2015. So weird. Gotta remember it's a 5 now and not a 4.

Riley loves her Kami. I also love my Kami.

His fiendish plan is working...

She even helped put it together

Hour 7 at the airport... Wish my chair was that comfy.

Finally on the plane!

My dad had to hide all his glasses. He has a lot.

Naps with grandma. I don't know if she knows I have this picture. Surprise!

Avs game!

Family pictures

Riley kept doing this shy/it's-freezing face

Showing Caleb the village

Piccolo's dinner (Favorite restaurant ever!)

Giving Caleb kisses.

Cute newly married couple

Caleb adored Richard. Went right to him. He had to warm up to my awesomeness.

But eventually he loved me too. :)

Richard's favorite part of the hockey game

Sweet photo op :)