Check out those
artistic abilities. Made that myself in about 2 minutes if you can believe it.
So we got a cool blue cast to show off to everyone. She
loved it and didn’t cry once at the doctor’s office. After we left she kept
telling everyone how fun it was. Which is good because we had to go back 4 days
later for a new cast because she took the blue one off. She chose the pink one
next. She also took that one off less than a week later. I haven’t taken her
back for a new one because I don’t want to be the parent that brings her kid in
for a new cast every week. I’ll wait and do it if she pulls it off again. Or if
its gets super dirty. They said to bring her back if she pulls it off but I can’t
let them judge me like that.
Blue and Pink casts.
We have fun playing with the blue one with her animals since they didn’t have
to cut it off and it just slid off J
We’ve had some gorgeous weather so we’ve been able to take
walks and go to the park. She seems to have rediscovered her fear of slides
though. Not sure why. She likes to collect leaves, rocks, pinecones, or even
special treasures on all our outings.
We had Thanksgiving with the McRaes and had a blast. She
loves her cousins and grandparents. She’s not too sure about Uncle Ben, but
Aunt Anne is usually okay. Kami is her favorite and she calls all her cousins
Kami unless we correct her.
We put up our Christmas tree and Riley loves to look at
Christmas lights. She gets super excited and yells “Tristmas trees Chelle!!!
Tristmas trees!” She talks about Christmas and Santa all the time. I don’t know
if she really understands what is happening but she’s freakin excited about it.
I’ve wrapped a couple things and put them under the tree and she hasn’t even
touched them since helping me wrap them. I’m surprised. I feel like I could
wrap something without her knowing and she’ll still leave it alone… Guess I’ll
have to test it out.
Riley is talking like crazy now. She’s super funny. Lenay
was over once while I was watching the Broncos game. Lenay is scared of the
dark and wanted Riley to go turn on the lights. Riley steps in front of the tv
and doesn’t even look at Lenay and says to her “I’m busy. I’m watchin football”
and continues to just stand there and watch it. While I was watching an earlier
game I told her to say something like “Throw it to Antonio!” and she didn’t say
it so I said “Say it Riley!” and she throws her arms up in a touchdown sign and
yells “Goooo Broncos!!”.
Her sleep schedule is in desperate need of help. Since she
broke her arm she refuses to nap and will stay up super late and be extra
grumpy. It’s fantastic. She has also started waking up in the middle of the
night and having these screaming tantrums that last like 15-30 minutes. It’s
crazy. I need to make lots of cookies and goodies for our neighbors. She’s been
slowly getting a little better but you just never know what special night she
will treat you to those tantrums.
Richard did no shave November and I think he’s happy he
finally got to shave it off. But at least he can say he did it. He’s still
loving work and comes home every night telling me what he did on what kind of
car and how he did it. I don’t know what he’s always talking about but I’m glad
he’s so much happier there. He will start school again in January and this will
be his last semester!!!! Hooray! After he graduates we’ll probably look at
moving a little closer to his work so he doesn’t have to commute so far.
I’ve been trying to meet my goal of reading 125 books this
year but I’m going to be about 25 books short. I just can’t get through them
fast enough right now. I’m waiting on Christmas presents to be delivered so I
can wrap them up. We’ve done a couple art projects. I’m still playing fantasy
football for a couple more weeks. Watching the Broncos and Modern Family.
Trying to stay on top of housework (lame).
We’re all looking forward to Christmas and spending some
time in Colorado for my brother Jason’s wedding. Can’t wait to see Riley and
Caleb hang out. As long as he doesn’t steal her pacifier I bet they’ll be good
friends.

