Together Forever

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Riley

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Peyton

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 6, 2013

August

August is gone. Riley is 19 months. Richard has started school. Most importantly, Fantasy Football has started again. I love football season. And my beautiful Broncos started the season out right.

Back to Riley. I know that's why people actually look at this blog. She's 19 months. She's talking a little bit more, still not a lot though. She prefers tantrums to using words. August was an exciting month for her:

  • She says fish, shoes, tickle, hi, cheese, and grandpa. I tried to teach her to say Wes last night. So she could cheer for Wes Welker. She got pretty good at it. But good luck trying to get her to say mommy or daddy.
  • She had her first stomach bug. She's never thrown up before. Until last weekend. She looked quite surprised when it came out. Very confused. But we made it through. Now she's a super picky eater. She won't eat any fruits of all things. She loved fruit before her illness and now it's torture. 
  • She's spent many days at the park and playing outside. She loves it. She always screams at the top of her lungs when she sees the other children on the playground. She gets so excited. 
  • Riley is a climber. I'm always finding her on chairs, or the table, the couch, the bed, the toilet, boxes, etc. She climbs fast.
  • She loves nursery (as long as she gets a nap in before church. Doesn't always happen). But she's very good in there. The other kids kinda push her around because she doesn't care if they take her toys. She's just very laid back.
  • She loves jewelry and hats. She's always finding my necklaces and wearing them around. She also loves bracelets. And she's always grabbing my Broncos hat and wearing that around.
  • She carries around her stuffed bunny and holds it out in front of her like it's walking on the ground and says "hop, hop, hop". She'll do it with just about anything. Even paper plates hop.
  • She's fascinated by bugs and dirt. She likes to wipe the dirt on me.
  • She loves playing with our little neighbor girl that lives below us. She just turned 3 and asks a lot of questions. Riley just looks at her and laughs. 
  • She throws a mean tantrum. She gets angry fast. Probably because we don't understand what she wants and have to guess. She doesn't like it when we guess wrong, which happens frequently.
  • She loves bubbles. I was blowing them for her a few weeks ago and told her to kiss the bubbles. She ran around the room with her lips puckered trying to kiss bubbles. Holy adorable. 
  • She loves bubble wrap. We stopped by Richard's work one afternoon and his good friends and coworkers kept pulling out bubble wrap for her and showing her how to pop it. They were so cute.
  • Her new favorite movie is Monsters, Inc. I've seen it so many times the last couple weeks. She would probably watch it all day, every day if she could. She's rather spoiled.
Richard started school a couple weeks ago. I think he's loving it. He's learning about the electrical systems in cars. Lots of stuff I could never understand. He's also started getting some of his tools that he needs for class. It's costing a fortune, but I'm hoping it benefits us in the end. I keep telling him it's like his Christmas. I keep wondering when I'll get Christmas too. But he had a box delivered yesterday and opened it and organized everything in their while I watched the football game. He interviewed with Toyota in Bountiful yesterday. That went well and he will probably be working there a few hours a week. Not great pay, but it's a job that allows him to do what he loves while also going to school. He will probably end up working their after he gets certified as well. So we may head to Bountiful in a couple years. We will see.

I'm staying busy with Riley and fantasy football. I'm still reading all sorts of books for fun. I love reading for fun. We are all looking forward to some cooler weather and the fall season. We're getting Riley's Halloween costume ready with some help from my mom. Can't wait for the holidays to start!!

She loves corn on the cob. She had a great time eating at Grandma and Grandpa McRae's house

She loves football

The Bronco's hat

Playing in her toy box

Snuggling with Daddy

Sewing with mommy

She loves our brooms. I don't know why

Looking at birds

Watching something in her pjs

We went to my friend Kelly's reception

Going to his interview

Her climbing skills at work.

Helping daddy with his tools while mommy watches football